The name of the association is Visually Impaired And Blind User Group (VIBUG.)
Members are those people who have paid their membership dues for the current year.
The annual dues for membership in the Association for the subsequent year shall be set by the members at the Annual Meeting.
The fiscal year and the membership year shall be the calendar year.
The governance of the Association rests with the members.
1. The Annual Meeting will be held in March 1997 and in October of each subsequent year. The meeting will be called by the President and be held at an accessible place and time determined by the Executive Committee.
2. Business meetings of the members may be called by the President at accessible places and times as determined by the Executive Committee. Any business that may be conducted at the Annual Meeting may also be conducted at a business meeting.
3. Notices for Annual Meetings and business meetings shall be delivered by the President or his or her delegate to each member in media accessible to that member not less than seven (7) days prior to the meeting.
4. Decisions for the conduct of business shall be by simple majority vote of members present.
5. A quorum for the conduct of business shall be ten (10) members. In the absence of a quorum, a lesser number may adjourn the meeting.
1. There shall be a President, Vice President, Clerk, Treasurer, and Webmaster elected at the Annual Meeting for one (1) year terms commencing at the beginning of the fiscal year or as otherwise designated by the members and continuing until their successors are serving.
2. The President shall preside at meetings, be responsible for the program of the Association, and may appoint other officers and committees to advise the members on matters of business and to plan and carry out the program.
3. The Vice President shall, in the absence of the President, carry out the powers and duties of the President and shall maintain a list of members, and be responsible for development of membership.
4. The Clerk shall take or cause to have taken and keep on file the minutes of all annual and business meetings, keep on file the by-laws and business papers of the Association, make copies of minutes and other business papers available to members and certify as needed the business decisions of the members and election of officers.
5. The Treasurer shall receive dues and other revenues of the
Association, open bank account(s) for the safekeeping of these funds,
pay the financial obligations of the Association, keep accurate
financial records, report to the members at least orally at meetings,
and in writing annually the financial activity and balances of the
Association, and ensure that the Association's business is conducted in a fiscally responsible way.
The treasurer shall make available for review to any two (2) members upon request the written financial records. This right of review will be exercised with no less than seven (7) days notice to the treasurer.
6. The webmaster shall be responsible for maintaining the web site, including posting monthly meeting notices and minutes, adding new features to the site as requested by the membership, and keeping the site in compliance with current accessibility standards. The webmaster will also respond to requests for information regarding web accessibility when requested.
7. The Executive Committee shall consist of the five officers and shall be presided over by the President, shall bring to the attention of, and advise the membership on, all matters of business required for the proper conduct of the Association, and shall in the case of emergency or the inability to convene the members exercise as needed the powers and duties of the members, except for the election of officers.
8. The execution of checks, bills, documents and other instruments shall be by the officers as determined by the members in accordance with generally accepted practices for each of their offices. The officers and Executive Committee shall have such other powers and duties as the members from time to time may confer upon them.
There shall be a nominating committee consisting of at least three members nominated by the executive committee and elected by the members for one-year terms.
In the event that Vibug disbands, all remaining assets after any outstanding debts are paid shall be given to a charitable or non-profit organization selected by a majority of the remaining members which best reflects Vibug's mission.
Amendment to these by-laws may be made as regular business at any annual or business meeting, provided that the specific wording of the proposed amendment, and notice of voting on the amendment as an agenda item shall be delivered to the residence, place of business, or e-mail account of each member not less than seven (7) days in advance of the meeting. Only members may propose amendments.